• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MMOFPS = I no longer have a life.... Enter "Huxley"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

MMOFPS, nuff said.. i will no longer have any kind of life when this is finally released...

The first ever TRUE MMO FPS

Huxley

http://www.webzengames.com/Game/Huxley/default.asp

this game was featured in a 5 page article a few months back in CGW with front page and everything.

from all the demo movies ive watched, and some of the screenies, i can say this should be a great game.

Huxley, the MMOFPS game currently in development by Webzen, Inc. (www.webzen.co.kr), has been featured as an exclusive cover story in the November issue of Computer Gaming World, the premier PC game magazine in the United States.

With the sub headline “Webzen’s brave new genre-bending world,” the 10-page exclusive article showcases Huxley characters, towns, and combat system in detail. As the authority on PC games since its first issue in 1981, GCW has occasionally covered games developed in Korea, but this is the first time the magazine has featured a title as an exclusive cover story.

There has been a steady stream of inquiry not only from North America but also from Germany, Czech Republic and other European countries, testifying to the increasing enthusiasm for games from Korea after E3.

“Huxley Studio has been making great strides toward a new genre, and I believe the North American press and FPS game fans are definitely seeing an evolution of FPS games,” said Prouducer Ki Jong Kang from Webzen’s Huxley Studio. “I’m confident that fans will be pleased with our efforts in creating an innovative, progressive game experience.”

Meanwhile, on October 10th, Cedric Fiorentino, the renowned level designer1 of the Unreal series, came on board Webzen, Inc. Having participated in console games such as PlayStation 2, as well as Gears of War, a new title from Epic Games, Fiorentino was enthusiastic about the Huxley project and joined Webzen, Inc.

Webzen says that, with Fiorentino’s professional grasp of the FPS game genre and the North American market, it is strategically positioned in North America, considered the home turf of FPS.

Huxley is being developed for both online PC and XBox360. The PC version is slated for release in 2006, while the XBox360 version is set for release in 2007.

Korean developers ...

If they produce IE only web pages and probably don't know of Windows alternative OS (DOS is not a Windows alternative, neither is Bob). I will hazard a guess that they use Visual Studio (I hate it), maybe even .NET ... I doubt the game will be good in terms of programming habits.

slavik said:
Korean developers ...

If they produce IE only web pages and probably don't know of Windows alternative OS (DOS is not a Windows alternative, neither is Bob). I will hazard a guess that they use Visual Studio (I hate it), maybe even .NET ... I doubt the game will be good in terms of programming habits.

Ummmmm Ok?

Fr3@k3r said:
they said something about planetside in the article, about how this surpases it completely as a true mmofps

The game looks pretty cool I'll give it that, I've always wanted a better MMOFPS. WWIIONLINE is fun, but the horrible graphics engine is what gets old after a while. Planetside I never really cared about, didn't think it was that great to begin with. This looks interesting

I really hate how they said they're the first MMOFPS. Then they mentioned all the other MMOFPS are not true "FPS" games because they don't have the feel of the UT series. :rolleyes:

Even though the game looks nice, I'm more interested in quake:enemy terroritory and BF2. :)

sounds interesting but i don't have much faith in games coming out of korea... most that have have been crap imo.

Planetside was a sweet game for those who actually PAID for a subscription. Some of the battle scenes were epic in proportion to ANYTHING out at that time. Best card out at that time: 9800Pro

Ill never forget seeing an nme army so organized they dropped 7 ships worth of troops right on top of our base. 7 Ships I watched roll in, I couldn't even warn people I was in awe.

Level 18, CR 3

i always thought that looked like a really great game (planetside that is) but never got around to trying it because i heard it was real glitchy... :shrug:

Planetside is pretty good, concerning how many people can be on the screen at once! The first time I played I remember seeing 20 reavers hunting my scattercannon max. :D

Btw, OcX I was a lvl 15 CR2 with the terrans. I love being a stealth guy. I had to quit though because of money.

Back