Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

Sesamea Street

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 12-19-05, 05:25 PM Thread Starter   #1
ZhengHe

Sesame Street

This thread will this be rededicated exclusively and specifically to that miraculous early morning children's show that changed all the lives of those who watched it. You might have guessed I'm talking about Sesame Street; its antics, its mood, its lessons. An introduction to everything and anything. A place to discover, explore, and learn new things. A raw sampling of the goodness of life, blind idealism, triumph and courage. Sesame Street exemplified the everlasting child in all of us who never stopped believing that he could be whatever he wanted to be. A salute to a towering production....Sesame Street.

Last edited by ZhengHe; 12-19-05 at 07:46 PM.
ZhengHe is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 05:39 PM   #2
jack222

Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked @ 860/2025
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
CM Hyper 212 EVO
ASUS VH238H 23"
Crucial M4 128GB SSD + 2TB storage
CORSAIR 750TX
jack222 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 05:52 PM   #3
DerekDRP
Disabled

I feel a locked thread coming on.
DerekDRP is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 06:13 PM   #4
Malpine Walis
Disabled

Yah well then let's have a bit of fun while we can...

http://www.wnbc.com/news/5529739/detail.html
Malpine Walis is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 07:37 PM Thread Starter   #5
ZhengHe

Well its been posted in the humor thread. Might as well take this to a different direction so that the thread isn't locked. Alright then. How many of you watched Sesame Street as a child? What were your experiences? How did it change your life, if it did? Why? How? Permanently scarred by a big hairy elephant were you? How about frightened by the antics of a larger then life canary with a low, manly voice? Do you know anyone who was on the cast?

Last edited by ZhengHe; 12-19-05 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-19-05, 07:46 PM   #6
Malpine Walis
Disabled

Well, I would not call it a life changing experience but I am old enough that I saw the first episode of Sesame St when it was originally broadcast. Back in first grade, I remember bringing home a ditto note to tell my parents about the new show on channel 13 just for children.

I still know about four words in Spanish. Also, does anyone else remember dittos?
Old 12-19-05, 07:50 PM   #7
squasher

What about the fact that cookie monster is now vegitable monster, I am pretty ****ed about that actually
squasher is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 07:51 PM   #8
nerdlogic

I remember dittos! I hated them... damn purple stuff. I always got the smudged, ugly one.

I for one, LOVE sesame street. I still watch it if I can. Yes, it's stupid that I still laugh at their corny jokes but I think they really helped me learn English. I think that without sesame street, I'd have been very lost in school since that show got the basics enforced in me and later on, I branched out.

QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 08:42 PM   #9
3DFlyer
Banned

Burt and Earnie taught me to not eat cookies in bed, or I would be itching all night, and wouldn't be able to sleep. That was a long, long tme ago.

The Cookie Monster is now the vegetable monster? WTF?!? That not only sounds stupid, it is stupid. Who cares about a vegetable monster? I suppose he is now pea green like Oscar the grouch? Big bird ought to peck the head of thre person who had vegie monster run through their brain. LOL
3DFlyer is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 08:47 PM Thread Starter   #10
ZhengHe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DFlyer
Burt and Earnie taught me to not eat cookies in bed, or I would be itching all night, and wouldn't be able to sleep. That was a long, long tme ago.

The Cookie Monster is now the vegetable monster? WTF?!? That not only sounds stupid, it is stupid. Who cares about a vegetable monster? I suppose he is now pea green like Oscar the grouch? Big bird ought to peck the head of thre person who had vegie monster run through their brain. LOL
Agreed. It seems as though some group of unruly PTA parents with nothing better to do decided they'd blaim Sesame Street for their childrens obesity when quite frankly they should be blaiming someone else. Its so utterly ridiculous, I mean vegetable monster? Its not as though cookie monster motivated every child to eat a box of cookies a day. I'd say that one move, which was probably forced upon Sesame Street did much to undermine its integrity and was just plain stupid.

Old 12-19-05, 08:53 PM   #11
3DFlyer
Banned

So what's next? Buster the brussel sprout? LMAO!!!
3DFlyer is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 09:50 PM   #12
Kevin007

I'm guessing that is what happened to him he went to rehab and then got sick of them or got over them lol. I wonder if the people who protested it relised that nobody watches sesame street anymore. My young brother probely hasn't heard of it nor watched, from what I've seen. He is more into care bears and Yu Gi Oh and that type of random stuff.

ATI Radeon HD 4800

Last edited by Kevin007; 12-19-05 at 09:56 PM.
Kevin007 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 10:12 PM   #13
Malpine Walis
Disabled

It gets worse. He now sings "A cookie is a sometimes food." instead of "C is for Cookie."
Old 12-20-05, 11:50 AM   #14
threeme2189

omg cookie monster is veggie monster???? this uber sucks!!!!
i used to watch sesame street and we have a few bought video tapes of sesame street.
israel even has its own version of it with its own characters (including a very "big bird"-like porcupine) in hebrew and a bit of arabic.

i cant believe that cookie monster is a veggie monster. cmon munching cookies is every kids dream and now its t3h vegetables?? what is the world coming to???

Crappy 80 Gig HDD :: Sony CD Burner/dvd drive + CD drive

If You'll Excuse Me, I Have A Beam Of Light To Catch.
threeme2189 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-20-05, 11:52 AM   #15
squasher

BTW!
The best character was snuffaluffagus (sp?) the big elephant. I just remebered him....
squasher is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-20-05, 07:09 PM   #16
-maddog-

Cookie monster on family guy rocked!
-maddog- is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.