• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't seem to connect to the server, Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Helghas

Can someone check this out and tell me if there's anything I can do to fix it?

To further explain this: Got two consoles running on my HT P4. One has been doing WUs all day and has been doing quite well. The other hasn't connected in about two days.

Last edited:
It could be a firewall problem??
where is this machine?? at work or home?
Is stanford currently dowm??

This is my home machine. The only firewall is my WinXP firewall. Stanford being down doesn't make sense as the other instance of the client has been working fine all day.

You network looks like it's wacked possible stress on the PCI channels from OC. Be sure you have the PCI locked as it will wonk the net controller. Other possiblity is that server was down for a while!

EDIT: Can we three do that again, all posted in under 3 mins!

What does the config file look like, this looks like the server is down. I have found that sometimes when I see something like this, that changing the client type to a 1 or 2 (opposite what it was) helps move things along. If you are using the beta version, change the client type to a 3 or 4 :shrug: works for me until the servers are back up

That still doesn't make sense to me as I have another console working fine through the same wireless card. That and my PCI is locked, despite my crappy mobo, I know it does at least that.

I was just looking at your stats ... and sig rig ....

I assume the 530 j is your only folding machine?

If so, you should probably be folding 1 QMD instance (bigpackets=yes and -advmethods flag) , not 2 non-qmd's as you seem to be doing now?

... That is unless you have already tried folding QMD's and you found your rig not usable? ... but I don't see any in your stats.

Your points will be a LOT higher! :D

/edit ... make sure you prime a while first to make sure your rig is stable.

I don't plan to mess with the config files to maximize ppd until I know it's set up correctly. I use Sandra Lite Burn-In to test stability ran continuously in background for 16hrs. I am pushing the limit on my RAM right now, but CoD2 and FEAR have both played for hours without problems. She's stable (with as much accuracy as I can say.) The 530J is the only folder I have now.

I'll have to look up in the dictionary what a QMD is.

Post your client.cfg

How did you install? Wedo 1 click, manual ... ?

How many instances are running ... look in task manger ... under processes tab ... click twice on cpu column to sort from highest to lowest consumers.

Both installs were manual. I tried one of those quick installs for dual threaded cores and it only ran one thread. Installed manually and both seemed to be working fine.

Right now only 1 instance is running, using 50% CPU. I keep the two clients in windows so I can monitor them... and so I don't have to have them as services.

Last edited:
both configs diff????

Config#1
[settings]
username=VanMan4311
team=32
asknet=no
machineid=1
local=2

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=yes
Config#2
[settings]
username=VanMan4311
team=32
asknet=no
machineid=2
local=362
bigpackets=no

[http]
active=yes
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no
usepasswd=no

[clienttype]
type=4

[core]
priority=0
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=15
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=no

One was set up when I had no idea what I was doing. The other was set up when I knew enough to mess something up. :) Do you suggest pasting the first (the one that is currently working) over the second?

Here is my client.cfg

You can edit your name in with notepad.

I am not sure if i hve ever set it up from scratch ... i just copy working ones and edit my name and machine id (sometimes checkpoint parm)

Are you launching them manually wityh a shortcut?

I assume you must if you are running 2 instances ... add -advmethods to the end of the target string ... that and bigpackets=yes in client.cfg will get you QMD's. Only run 1 instance!!!

Your client.cfg's look strange to me ... but i am just copying what works for me on my 12+ p4's.

Here is mine:

[settings]
username=pete_scout
team=32
asknet=no
bigpackets=yes
machineid=2
local=221

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no
proxy_name=
proxy_passwd=

[core]
priority=0
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=20
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=no

you could try that jsut make sure to change the machineid=1 to a 2 cause if you dont i will shutdown when you start it

also do what pscout said and the end of the short cut should look like this \FAH502-Console.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

Rpkole said:
you could try that jsut make sure to change the machineid=1 to a 2 cause if you dont i will shutdown when you start it

also do what pscout said and the end of the short cut should look like this \FAH502-Console.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

Yes that config what from one of my dual cores ... i run 2 qmd's on them so have a machine=1 in 1'st and machine=2 in 2'nd.

You can put any machine id you want between 1 and 8 ... doesn't matter ... just don't have 2 with the same machine # on the same rig.

Back