• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Egads! (P4519 Oc'ing)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CoreGamer

Well im getting ready to Move to Water Cooling and I decided to see how far I could go on Air...

NOTICE! The following image is in NO way stable, just stable enough for me to get a Screenie ;)

4200.jpg

I cant wait to see what my water cooling setup will do! :shrug:

Yeah but the heat picks up as soon as I start something intensive, I used to have my OC at 3.8, but then I started getting to hot so now im at 3.4...I cant wait for the water cooling to arrive. The numbers here are promising though ;)

You are stressing your power supply. Your 12V is reading in at 11.65 volts if that is accurate.

-GearShift3r

My power supply is a piece of crap, Im getting a Modstream next week, the one I have right now is a cheapo crapo one

CG,
Don't bother with the modstream. It's an 18amp unit. Unless you get something 30amps or better (like the powerstream) it's just gonna do the same thing. It takes amperage to OC these Intel's. You'll overheat that modstream in a minute.

The PowerStream is more expensive because it's got amperage, and because it has great protection cicuitry. The PowerStream is by FAR superior to the modstream.

The modstream is ok for a stock system, but it won't cut it for an OC'd one.

CoreGamer said:
Well alright, Ill just have to wait a little longer :(

I know that's not good news, but I didn;'t want to see you spend money on something that won't do what you want. I know you have to save for stuff. That's why I said something.

Have you been good this year? Maybe Santa will bring it. :)

(like I'm one to be saying that...I'll probably end up with coal LOL )

CoreGamer, offtopic but i notice you play eve-online, if you dont mind whats ur name in there ?

:cool:

Just wana see if i happen to know ya < Airpizza II of KIA

:p Im just stating to get into the game...I dont have an acount yet.Basically My friend intoduced me into the game...he is in some gigantic clan whos name I cant remember...he is really, really good though, you might know the clan, Ill PM you if I ever remember the name ;)

ah its a great game, and oc'ing helps alot with it as its a cpu limited game once you hit 6800's and x800's. I think i improved around 40fps by oc'ing my 3000+ from 1.8ghz to 2.43gz :)

If ya need help learnin the ropes just send a message to Airpizza II ingame once ya get an account :)

Goodluck with watercooling that stuff is expensive!

Back