Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

Just ordered my new rig today and...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-21-05, 11:07 PM Thread Starter   #1
Crispy

Smile Just ordered my new rig today and...

Well I finally recieved money to purchase the rest of my rig (which was the majority of it).
I ordered a DFI Ultra-d from Chiefvalue, OCZ PS 520 from Axiontech, G.SkillPC4000-Hitachi250SATAII-eVGA7800GT from Newegg.
The only thing I am worried about is the Monitor. I bought a Refurb. off ebay and I know some people told me not too, but if you guys would look at it and let me know what you think? He had good feedback and seemed to have good warranty policy. So what do you guys think? Did I get screwed?
Here it is
Well it seemed like a good deal and I thought I read some pretty good things on those monitors (although I can't find where now). Well It's been about 5 years since I had a new PC and about 8 years since I had a new monitor. So I'm siked. And unfortunately I am only computer geek out of my friends. So none of them give a rats butt. Well just wanted some input I guess and a bit excited. I'm rdy for a week or so of O/Cing this bad boy. Thanks
Crispy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-21-05, 11:16 PM   #2
tom10167

10 Year Badge

The guy has monster feedback and it's a big monitor. You're fine.
tom10167 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-21-05, 11:18 PM   #3
Nexus Realized

Congrats on your new setup
Post some results once you've got it together.
Nexus Realized is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-22-05, 09:01 AM   #4
rseven

The Trinitron is a great monitor. You will be happy with it. I recently bought the 22" Diamondtron here and it's great. A large flat screen CRT is great as long as you have plenty of room for it. Good luck with your new rig. It looks terrific.
rseven is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-22-05, 10:28 AM Thread Starter   #5
Crispy

Wow that monitor is Cheap. Nice. Wish I would have found that sooner...lol. Oh well. Wondering how long it'll take to recieve everything considering Holidays. But when I do. I'll let you guys know how the quality of the Refurb'ed monitor is and let you guys know what kind of O/C I am able to get. I know it'll take awhile to really tweak it to max. I am kinda looking forward to messing around with Mobo seeing what I can't get. Even though It's been a looooong ass time since I messed around in a Bios.
Well now to mess around and see where I can put this Heatercore. Thank you for replies and what not.
TS
Crispy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-22-05, 12:24 PM   #6
rseven

It will all come back to you. It's just like riding a bios....I mean a bike. Have fun with your new Christmas toy.
rseven is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-22-05, 01:28 PM   #7
darksparkz

Thats a great price for a 21" monitor, really high resolutions too, have fun with it =).

G.Skill 4x2GB DDR2 PC6400 4-4-4-12
WD Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB
OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD
eVGA 8800GTS 512MB
Asus DRW-24B1ST
Corsair HX520
Scythe Ninja w/Panaflo 120mmx38mm FBA12G12M

[Heatware] <---Or rather lack of heatware
darksparkz is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.