• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G won't post no matter what I do...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milan

Registered
Well it all started like this. I tried to plug my digital camera in via the front USB ports on my Antec case. For some reason when I tried to plug it in my compter froze. So I turned the computer off.

When I tried to turn my computer back on, it wouldn't do anything, as if it wasn't even plugged in. Well I tried later in the night to turn on my computer and then the computer would power on.

Well now my computer can power on but it wont post. I tried the 3 ways the manual says to clear the CMOS and it still wont post. I've disconnected the ATX and all that and nothing is helping.

What should I do? Is my mobo F'ed?

I did the same thing with an Antec case.. MY MB died... I ended doing an RMA and getting a new one!!!!
Still can't explain..

I tried every way possible to get it to start again..
Try diconnecting your USBs from the MB.... :bang head

Shorting out?

Before you say that can't be it because it worked previously... I swapped cases one time, upgraded my video card and formatted and reinstalled windows. After I pulled out a fair amount of hair/swapped ram and psu, I decided to re-do everything. Turned out I had an extra brass standoff in the case, and it was the little bugger. Everything works fine to this day... computer stuff is wierd :shrug:

I had a screw jammed behind my board that wasn't making any connections for months, then one day, I guess it moved a little and my board would come on and then not go into windows. Whenever I have problems like this I unplug everything except for the essentials (one stick of ram etc) and then use the process of elimination.

take everything apart then test it w/ the very fundamental parts (CPU, RAM, Video)
if nothing works, try to RMA it; Abit has 3 years warranty i think

Back