• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel D975XBX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d975xbx/index.htm

d975xbx_lg.jpg

Intel® Desktop Board D975XBX
Enlarge Image
The Intel® Desktop Board D975XBX is designed to deliver the best experience for advanced gamers and power-users. Based on the Intel® 975X Express Chipset and Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition, this board delivers the ultimate performance for those seeking the most raw power.
View Available Configurations
View Industry Specifications
View Regulatory Compliance Information
Intel® Desktop Board D975XBX Features
Features Benefits
Form Factor ATX (12.00 inches by 9.60 inches [304.80 millimeters by 243.84 millimeters])
Processor
Support for Intel® Pentium® Processor Extreme Edition (in an LGA775 socket with a 800 MHz system bus)
Support for Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor Extreme Edition supporting Hyper-Threading Technology† (in an LGA775 socket with a 1066 MHz system bus)
Support for Intel® Pentium® D Processor (in an LGA775 socket with a 800 MHz system bus)
Support for Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor supporting Hyper-Threading Technology† (in an LGA775 socket with a 800 MHz system bus)
View all supported processors
Memory
Four 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
Support for 667 and 533 MHz DDR2 DIMMs
Support for up to 8 GB of system memory
Support for ECC and non-ECC memory
Chipset Intel® 975X Express Chipset
I/O Control Legacy I/O controller for diskette drive, serial, parallel, and PS/2* ports
Audio Intel® High Definition Audio subsystem
LAN Support Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem using the Intel® 82573E/82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Peripheral Interfaces
Eight USB 2.0 ports
One serial port
One parallel port
Four Serial ATA interfaces with RAID support
One parallel ATA IDE interface with UDMA 33, ATA-66/100 support
One diskette drive interface
PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports
Expansion Capabilities
Two PCI Conventional bus add-in card connectors (SMBus routed to both PCI Conventional bus add-in card connectors)
One Primary PCI Express* x16 (electrical x16 or x8) bus add-in card connector
One Secondary PCI Express* x16 (electrical x8) bus add-in card connector
One PCI Express* x16 (electrical x4) bus add-in card connector
Related Products
Processors
Intel® Pentium® Processor Extreme Edition
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor Extreme Edition supporting Hyper-Threading Technology†
Intel® Pentium® D Processor
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor supporting Hyper-Threading Technology†
Chipsets Intel® 975X Express Chipset

Disappointing to see no support for DDR2 800MHz but nonetheless I'm considering this board since I can't find a 955x board without major problems (esp. w/ Presler) and at least I feel fairly certain of stability on an Intel board.

DsN said:
Disappointing to see no support for DDR2 800MHz but nonetheless I'm considering this board since I can't find a 955x board without major problems (esp. w/ Presler) and at least I feel fairly certain of stability on an Intel board.

What do you mean?

55x board without major problems (esp. w/ Presler)

I just put together a system with this board. This is a great thread to revive instead of making a new one, IMO so here we go.
Hopefully other owners will contribute.

I made a system with a $1000 cap on my spending so I cut a few corners for now but it gives me something to upgrade later.
First of all the processor, went with a new 920.
Memory, ADATA Vetista 800mhz DDR2 - 2 sticks of matched 512mb
Video - ATI Saphire x1600xt 256mb (Newegg refurb $144)
Hard drive - 160Gb SATA 150 WD Caviar. (got it for $67 reconditioned)
680watt Chiefmax powersupply with a single 12v line at 36Amp ($28 new)
An ultra midtower bare case ($29)
Memorex DVD burner

So you can see where I cut corners and where I got a killer deal on that power supply unit.

I have set my memory to 1.9v 5-4-4-15 800mhz in bios with no hiccups. SPD reads 5-4-4-18.

I have set the cpu for a 5% overclock and finished 3Dmark and other benchmarks fine. I have not seen a cpu voltage setting in the bios, maybe it's there and I missed it? I updated the BIOS with the windows flasher no problem, great tool.

So if there are any other "Bad Axe" owners out there, shoot some Bios optimization goodness here in this thread.

Here's a 3DMark05 score,
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1825314

:D

Last edited:
BigDan3131 said:
Is the D975XBXLKR the same board? The combo I saw offers that with the 920 and a psu for 359.00 after 100.00 rebate.

Sounds like an OK deal. typically the board alone, retail box is going to be around 250-275ish, dunno about the CPU since it's discontinued now.

They are the same board, D975XBXLKR is it's "full" model designation from intel

~ Gos

Back