• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pssssssst

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldn't want it unless they include the full stepping code (otherwise you don't know whether you'll get 2.85GHz or 3.0GHz after OCing). . . .

I tried to call them to get stepping codes before and they won't do it. . . . There are other retailers that will.

from what i've read the CAB2E 0540 is a great stepping, i think g0dm@n has one and IIRC he was hitting 3ghz easily.

Revivalist said:
I wouldn't want it unless they include the full stepping code (otherwise you don't know whether you'll get 2.85GHz or 3.0GHz after OCing). . . .

I tried to call them to get stepping codes before and they won't do it. . . . There are other retailers that will.

Not a lot of vendors will actually give you the full stepping code. If they allow people to pick the stepping they want, they'd be left with all the bad steppings and noone would want that. Maybe the smaller vendors would allow you to pick, and places like Tankguys actually post their steppings.

Like teachers used to say.

The only stupid question is the one not asked!

Definetly can't hurt to try, but I agree, there are some that either don't care or won't even give you the time of day.

Back