• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to move from Itunes to WMP10??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminat.

I have an iPod, so I use Itunes for that. However, I recently bought a wireless media streamer, which does not support AACs, but which does support WMAs. So I had the idea of copying my library from AAC to WMA.

Eventually, I managed to convert all my AAC files into WMA format - but when I imported the songs into WMP10, they had no tags at all: no artist, album or genre details. I tried using WMP10's update system, but it requires me to confirm every track manually - and I have over 1000 songs.

So I'm stuck - can anyone help?? Itunes lets you export your playlist in an XML format, but WMP10 can't read it. Is there any way at all I can copy all my song details from Itunes to WMA?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Why not just convert AAC to MP3? The media extender can read it, as can the ipod. therefor you wouldn't have to have two copies of each song. I'm not familar with any software that will convert between aac and wma while keeping the tag info. You might want to try riverpast though if you're set on that

I have wmp10 setup to list all my music, but itunes does all the organization.

if you do the conversion in itunes the tags will stay with the song, then you can go tools/"search for media files" in wmp, pick the correct directory and it will update.

No help from me - But I stay away from ANY format that limits my portability. All of my music is on MP3's for the ultimate in portability and no stupid copyright issues.

Also, converting from a lossy format to a lossy format (AAC to WMA) will reduce the sound quality. You would be better off re-ripping your entire CD library in MP3 IMO. I use 320kbps since HD space is SOOOO cheap. Also, at these higher resolutions, re-burning an Audio CD from a 320kbps file still sounds VERY close to the original WAVE file...

:cool:

I personally use 190kbps VBR. sounds good to me, but i dont use high-end equipment.

like it was said above, mp3 is the most compatible format and will be for a long time.

yeah, don't convert aac to wma. use itunes and convert everything to mp3.

Back