• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bfg7800gt Vs Evga7800gt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darufe

I've seen most people here say evga is great quality and all but ive also heard some people call evga low quality compard to bfg?!

right now hesitating between bfg 7800gt@ 460cnd or
evga @ 460cnd with a free mobo that i can either sell back or keep and maybe make a second athlon whenever i have some extra cash.

or wait for boxing day and pray for even better deals?

thoughts?

One thing with BFG is they will cover OC's. In other words, if you OC it and it fails, you can still RMA it. I've also noticed that they seem to OC better, but alot of that depends on cooling. If their cooling is better I'd say go with BFG as their service is very good, and they cover OC'ing.

I'm not up on the BFG's cooling on that card. If you are going with aftermarket cooling it wouldn't make any difference. All of these companies make very good cards. They are based on the reference design, so service becomes one of the factors when buying. If you're going to void the warranty by making mods, it probably doesn't matter.

I've also heard that BFG makes very high quality boards, and this will sometimes give higher OC's...of course so does EVGA. Both are very good, but i think BFG wins out on service.

I would go with evga. Their products are always top notch, they provide a lifetime warrenty as long as "There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components," and they really do stand by their product. I've had to call their support before from work and they were quick to help me out (dead fan on a 6600).

im assuming you're talking about the 7800gt on newegg...its overpriced compared to other 7800gts.....you could argue that the combined value of the motherboard and the card exceeds that of the card alone so its really worth it, but thats up to you....hahah ok cnd = canadian dollars gotcha i thought you were talking about the coreclock because i know evga makes cards with core clocks of 460 and i was like what is he talking about? but still that card is overpriced i think

Last edited:
eVGA makes great quality parts, I'd say its better then BFG. If both cards are the same price, but you get a free mobo with the eVGA one, then by all means go for the eVGA card. Both cards should OC to about the same speeds and perform more or less the same.

Back