• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help finding a mobo for a ....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Just got this CPU its an ahtlon 1800+ xp i believe palamino core... i think this is what the chip reads.

ax1800mt3c
agoa 0204aphw
y7625050618
'99

need something decent with an agp slow and atleast 2 mem slots something thatll OC and has onboard sound, something not too $$$ either...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=398758

Thats one of the better Socket A boards, the other being the Abit NF7-S. I would probably place the AN35/Ultra in 3rd rank of the NF2 boards being its the only other one I have heard of doing above 230fsb routinely (one guy with extreme cooling had his at like 290+ fsb). But they are quite hard to find nowadays.

Best bet is to look for good used boards on the classifieds (you see an NF7-S every couple weeks), not many sites sell good, cheap NF2 motherboards anymore.

edit:
I looked up your cpu code, and you have a palomino core, it probably won't overclock that well (1.8-1.9 ghz should not be a problem, but much past that might be hard earned), but the multiplier shouldn't be hard locked so you could always lower the multi and jack up the fsb.

Last edited:
Back