• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanparty UT nF4.. need psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darC

Hey,

I just installed the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939
..it needs a 24pin connector the psu. I need a new psu as mine is a 20pin. I was wondering on what your guys views would be the best psu for a cheap price... system specs.

dfi mobo
2x512mb of patriot
western digital 40 gig
6600gt
amd 3200+

and i really dont need the psu to be sli ready.. price range im hoping for is 20-50 dollars.

thanks,
darC

Vote #3 for that PSU, yes you should have an DFI approved PSU, SLI just means it has two PEG power connectors, a handy thing to have incase you choose to mod your board to SLI.

Alright, thanks guys for your replies.. I have one question tho.

Would it hurt just getting a 24pin psu at compusa thats cheap just to use for a few months?

thanks again,
darC

I recommend that psu as well.

If you cannot find that psu or for whatever reason, the OCZ PowerStream is another good alternative.

Welcome to the forums!

I too suggest the AX500-A. Some other good alternatives would be the Seasonic S12's over 500W, OCZ Powerstream 520W, Antec True 2 over 480W, or Enermax over 450W.

darC said:
Would it hurt just getting a 24pin psu at compusa thats cheap just to use for a few months?

Quite possibly... depends on the unit. Some, like Deer and Powmax and their aliases, are bad enough to take out other parts when they die. I'd just be content to wait if it were me. In fact, this is why I'm buying my PSU before the DFI and CPU comes to tempt me ;)

Edit - the Smartpower will work :)

Last edited:
well i really don't plan on overclocking, for awhile anyways. so i guess ill take a trip to compusa tomorrow and see if they have that antec smartpower in stock, thanks again.

you should be shunned for having such a nice mobo and trying to skimp by with a $50 PSU...

OCZ 520W - spend the $$ it's worth it.. the other mentioned PSU's are great too...

if you still want a cheapie... this is a good one.. but it's not really dual 12v rails... but great for the price
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817193002

check the review
http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/cases/SkyHawk_Power_One_570W_2.html

it's 570W with 620W peak... 3.3v - 40A, 5v - 50A and 12v 40A!!! it says dual 12v 20A lines, but its really one rail at 40A...

it's also Modular, quiet fan doesn't turn on until 40C and has optional active PFC...

I hear mixed reviews but for $58 bucks, its a winner!!!

Last edited:
Back