• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the X2 4800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For the temps on the CPU, are you using it's stock cooler or an aftermarket heatsink? If you are still on the stock cooler then an aftermarket one might be something to look into once you start increasing your voltage. Or even right now if you feel that your temps are too high. Use some arctic silver should you purchase another heatsink.

There's a few possibilites of why you can't boot. You will have to increase the voltage most likely if you want to go any higher. Just up it by increments of .025 or .5 and testing for stability. Just getting it to boot at any higher than your 216 is a good sign it's helping. Now there are dangers of increasing your voltage so be warned

Another reason could be your ram, have you tried running a divider on it at all to see if it will boot then? Or you might have to loosen your timings a bit. Or both.

I know I'm missing a few other possiblities probably but hey, its xmas and I'm tired :D

Overclocking A64s

Memory basics

Linky linky

Burning in your processor may help as well. That way you might not need to increase your voltage at all and get it to run a little bit faster.

Very useful burn in link

In the BIOS, set the HTT to 3X, the DDR at 166 MHz, and the Vcore to 1.55V. If it doesn't get over 55C under 100% load, you can go to 1.6V Vcore.

Thanks for the info guys. So the best method would be simply upping the vcore voltage in tiny increments along with the core speed and testing the stability on each level, while monitoring the cpu load temps?

I will keep you guys posted.

Regards and happy holidays!

Dom

Back