• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card 4x The Price Of 7800GTX : Quadra FX3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowPho

I am in your stack, SUBbing your registers!
So Far:
===========================================
Quadro:
CS:S Test Thingy at 98 FPS, however the details look REALLY NICE. Its like...beatifull.....

Doom3 timedemo1 demo : 44.7 FPS

AquaMark3: 39801
3DMark03: 5782
3DMark05: 1119
HL2: The car beggining:
Frames: 2984 - Time: 49131ms - Avg: 60.736 - Min: 28 - Max: 118
FEARSPDemo: From the first encounter to monster.
Frames: 3525 - Time: 80309ms - Avg: 43.893 - Min: 28 - Max: 90
========================================
NVidia 6600GT:

CSS: 109 FPS
Doom3 : 62 FPS

Aquadamark: 52847
3DMarks03: 8103
3DMarks05: 3211 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
HL2:
2005-12-26 21:03:46 - hl2
Frames: 3948 - Time: 61471ms - Avg: 64.225 - Min: 19 - Max: 141

========================================
I was able to get my hands on a PNY Quadra FX 3000. newegg Linky
Now I heard that its not for gaming, its for 3D applications. Well, I decided to try to see how it compares to my 6600GT :santa:
Anyone got any ideas on how should I test it?

*current List*
CS:S
HL2
Fear Demo
Doom 3
3D Max
Flight Sim

Last edited:
I'd start with some synthetic benchmarks, ie- aquamark/3dmark. Then move to some standard games: Halo, Doom3, Half-Life2, etc.

This should be very interesting as there has been speculation of what these cards can do, but no real tests. BTW- How did you just 'get ahold' of one of these bad boys? Got a grand burning a hole in your pocket?

I sure hope you didnt drop your own money on this card cause you will be very disapointed for how much you spent.

If you are just borrowing it from someone test away :D.

Yeah, the Quadro line goes much much higher then the GeForce line. The Quadro line is supposed to render details more then how GeForce does it. GeForce renders the whole thing, missing out the details. The reason why Geforces are more used in gaming, is that you'll walk past a certain area before you get to notice the details. The Quadros shows details better because you'll need to see every aspect for 3d applications and stuff.

So, what made you decide on one of these bad boys? If your a gamer, it was a total waste of money, and you should return it for a 7800gtx 512mb. It will give much better performance in gaming. However, if your into doing graphic design, or anything of that sort, then you should be very impressed :)

P.S Merry christmas everyone

the big difference is OpenGL support, the Quadro line are designed for CAD and other OpenGL intensive applications. If your game can take advantage of OpenGL then its going to rock, but if its mostly a DirectX title you will get better frame rates and graphics from a gameing card.

okay...I woke up half an hour ago...and noticed a weird thing. It renders water and "full world perception" without any problem at top speed (100+ FPS). It also has no problems doing a beatufill true. However, the moment 12 trees appears, the FPS Drops to 20.

Does anyone know how can I test the performance in Quake4 \ Doom3?

I thought that the Quadros were more or less just slightly overclocked Geforce hardware (historically you have usually been able to turn a Geforce into a Quadro with a hardmod or driver hack, certainly everything up to 6800 Ultra, dunno about 7 series cards though), and the OGL tweaks were just a driver thing. I also thought that the optimizations didn't really help in games, just rendering apps like maya and 3ds max. I have a modded geforce 2 (modded to a quadro 2 mxr) that actually runs slower in OGL games, though oddly it displays huge framerates even when it is actually running so slowly that the game stutters. I did similar to my geforce 3 and my 9700 Pro and it either offered the same or slower gaming performance, I think it is an .

If you paid your own money for it and want it to game with, then sell the thing, get a bundle of cash, and buy a 7800GTX.

>HyperlogiK< said:
If you paid your own money for it and want it to game with, then sell the thing, get a bundle of cash, and buy a 7800GTX.

I got this thing because it was broken, and the problem is such: if you move the adapters DVI->CRT a little left/right then the whole screen goes greener/redder/bluer. :shrug: However if you just take 20 seconds to move the adapter right/left it works perfectly :p . And I tried different adapters and those work totally perfect.

If anyone wants to buy: PM me and I will post this in classifieds :santa:

I updated the 3Dmark05 score. Next I will try the Quake 4 \ Doom3. And then the overclocking proccess shall start =].

I'm not up on quadro numbers, but looking it up a Quadro FX 3000 is the NV35GL core, the Quadro version of the FX 5900/5900 Ultra. So basically you are running an FX 5900 with drivers optimised for pro OGL apps and not games. According to Adrian's Rojakpot the FX3000 runs at the same clocks as the standard FX 5900. It should mod to an FX 5950 with sufficient cooling as a lot of 5900s do, but it just wouldn't be worth it, it would be much better to use it in all it's quadro glory. Maybe you will end up creating the first Quadro FX 3050 :)

Back