• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hambone0750

Some might remeber I posted a few weeks ago with questions about venus vs. venice, what psu to buy and epox vs. dfi. Well I canceled the order I posted and decided to wait a few more weeks till after christmas to order the parts I wanted. The setup is as follows:

Cpu: Opty 144(cacje stepping most likely)
Mobo: DFI ultra-D
Ram corsair xms ddr 500, (bought used from friend when he upgraded to 2gb)
Vcard: rosewill 6600gt 256mb(hehe traded my 9600xt and 1gb ram from my old xp setup for it, card is still in box)
PSU:OCZ powerstream 520W
HS: Sythe Ninja

The PSU is a tad overkill for that. A Forton AX500-A for $70-80 should do fine.

Everything else looks great, I was going to say go for a 6800GS, but since you already have that 6600GT, its fine.

nice decision ordering after christmas, especially after all the prices have dropped. im surprised you found a 144 since most stores have them backordered. hope you get the stepping you want.

darksparkz said:
The PSU is a tad overkill for that. A Forton AX500-A for $70-80 should do fine.

Always liked spending a little extra on the psu so that I won't have to worry about whether or not it can handle what ever I do try in the future.

As far as the 144, tank guys had a total of 34ish in stock at a price I couldn't turn down(still new so i don't know if price quoting is against forum policy).

Anyways hope to start ocing after I figure out what my fan configuration is going to be.

Back