• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for an ID3 tag creator/editor.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnufsh

Some of my music is as MP3s that don't have ID3 tags. I'd like to be able to add/edit ID3 tags through a nice GUI, hopefully with some group editing features. What software is out there to do that on linux?

I've been using EasyTag...it's pretty nice once you get used to the GUI.

Use the 1.99.10 version masked by keyword in portage if you still use Gentoo though...the 1.1 is based on the old GTK+...and it's pretty ugly.

Flamed_Chip said:
amaroK is pretty good for editing tags, it can find them automatically off the internet too.
I ave not yet tried that, I'll have to give it a spin. I wonder if I installed it with the rest of kde...

I'm nott sure I like the split ebuilds yet.

It's not a part of the KDE release cycle, it's a seperate app. It's an excellent player, it's one of the things I miss most when I HAVE to use Windows.

Yeah, amarok is pretty great. That is one of the many reasons that made me want to switch.

And the split ebuilds are great once you get used to them. They have kde-base/*-meta ebuilds to pull in all of the different aspects of KDE so you will still have the split ebuilds, but will essentially have all of KDE.

Back