• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

show and tell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Finally getting around to overhauling my watercooled system. I eliminated the vid card loop and got a new Swifty MCW6000 to replace the old MCW5000. I dropped in a new Abit AW8 mobo (Intel socket LGA775). The pump is my old trusty Eheim 1048 teamed up with a Swifty 2X120mm radiator.

I added a new Swiftech MCRES-525 bay reservoir. I was having some problems with tubing collapse, so I rerouted the tubes to minimize bends and added blue Coolsleeves coils, then filled the system with Cooler Master blue thermal conductive fluid. Starting to look pretty good. I had a minor leak at one of the reservoir fittings that cropped up during the leak test. Got it fixed now though.

Here is a pic of my progress. Keep in mind this is before the installation of power supply, vid card, and RAM. My goal is quietness. Fans are two 120mm intakes and two 120mm exhaust, all rated for 55 CFM and only 25 db. The N/B is passively cooled with a heat pipe. The mosfets came with heatsinks and I added a small Micro Cool sink to the clock generator (to the left of the PCI-E slot).

Well, I'm done working on it for the evening. I'll report in a day or two how well it cools.

Attachments

• AW8-H2O-done.jpg
    AW8-H2O-done.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 29
  • bat-watercooled-AW8.jpg
    bat-watercooled-AW8.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I've been to cheap to use fluid. I just use old distilled water with antifreeze and some iodine.

Looks good so far. Keep us posted.

Show and tell?

heh...

IMAG0027.JPG

Gotta love the ol' trusty Lite-On FS020. A modders dream. Coolcases.com lists it, although it's currently out of stock.

http://www.coolcases.com/standard.php3

Well, messed around half the evening, but can't get this thing to boot. Think maybe the mobo is dead. To be continued...

There is lots of very nice cases - but opinions are like a**holes i guess - lol

The TT Xasers just sparkle to me :) - dunno why - i've seen many

But TT is my pic :)

heh

~RD

Yeah stacker rules :D
But I could have managed without that thing on the top of the case :|

I need a decent cam if I'm gonna join in on the show and tell :(

Good news! Got my system running (RAM needed reseated). So far at 300 FSB or 4.2 gig, I'm getting 28 idle and 42 load CPU temp. With my air cooling, load temps were in the upper 50's. Next upgrades, Presler 65nm dual core CPU and X1800XT vid card.

RDWest, that's a sharp looking system. I almost got one of those Thermaltakes last year.

batboy said:
Good news! Got my system running (RAM needed reseated). So far at 300 FSB or 4.2 gig, I'm getting 28 idle and 42 load CPU temp. With my air cooling, load temps were in the upper 50's. Next upgrades, Presler 65nm dual core CPU and X1800XT vid card.

RDWest, that's a sharp looking system. I almost got one of those Thermaltakes last year.

Looking clean, batboy! Man that Presler is going to be cherry on fluid. That's 3/8" I presume?

You know I have to show my old Presy and what medicine I have waiting for Conroe.
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5644/1k8tr.jpg

Jame Gumb said:
Looking clean, batboy! Man that Presler is going to be cherry on fluid. That's 3/8" I presume?

Yes, the tubing is 1/2" OD or 3/8" ID. Nothing wrong with 3/8" tube if you are running a single loop with a decent rad.

The reservoir is really working out well. I think the added capacity helped a little, plus it's easier to add coolant and purge air bubbles too.

batboy said:
Yes, the tubing is 1/2" OD or 3/8" ID. Nothing wrong with 3/8" tube if you are running a single loop with a decent rad.

The reservoir is really working out well. I think the added capacity helped a little, plus it's easier to add coolant and purge air bubbles too.

No, nothing wrong at all with 3/8". Reservoirs look awesome with lights, I almost bought one when FrozenCPU had a Thermaltake 207 water level indicator on sale. I always wanted to tryout the 3/8", especially when I had a loop in a short Lian li.

cheers

pwnt by pat said:
Senater_Cache said:
STACKER !!!!!!
( IM getting one today in the mail.. *looks to door and hopes for a knock*
Senater, I saw that.

What do you mean man?? Im confused lol.

I havent migrated my sytem to the Stacker yet, but I just wrote up a review on the case over at Cryo-Laboratory. I will add the installation-documentation when I do it in early January. Until then check out my review HERE and give me some pointers...sign up in the monthly contest while you're over there (Contest Forum). Its awesome :santa2: .

For now, here is my current setup (in Sig) and I know the ribbon-cables look messy but they are in-fact flat against the back-wall and since replaced with rounded ones (this pic is ~ 2month old) I now have a NB-1 and a ATI_Silencer3 on there too:

Done%20open.JPG

Since folks like pics. No fancy lights or paint. This beast is meant for one thing... overclocking.

AW8-H2O-done.jpg

bat-watercooled-AW8.jpg

Hehehe, I've already upgraded since I took these pics. Added another harddrive. Now I have a 37 gig WD 10k RPM Raptor as the main drive and a 160 gig Hitachi for storage.

Last edited:
Man, I was just going to ask about those dual 120mm exhaust mounts. That's nice! I've never seen a case with that before. I can't believe there aren't more cases that offer this. That's exactly what I'm looking for in a case. Dang. What was the price on that thing when it was listed?

Looking good, batboy.

Everyone always comments on the case. It's a Lite-On FS020 and it's quite large and pretty heavy once you load up it up with components and watercooling. Definitely not a LAN rig. But, it's incredibly sturdy and well built. I've had this for a couple years or more. Most places are out of stock. Not sure it's even made anymore. Seems like it retails for around $120 US for just the case. I originally bought it as a Swiftech Q-Power watercooling kit already modded and assembled. Seems like I paid about $300 for the whole thing.

Your WC setup looks good too. That setup should do fine cooling the Presler. How's that? :D

Back