• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Breach 260, RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Get some OCZ PC3200 Platinum Enhanced Latency, All 3 sets I've had of this stuff went above and beyond 300fsb

why is everyone sooo harsh on Geil? the Geil One S is some of the best ram out there. have you tried running like 9x289 or something?? your chip might just max out at 260 htt on the 10x multi.

well... i cant say i have ever had any good experiences with them, but then my problems were 2 years ago so who knows for sure, maybe i will give them another shot in the future.

infinitevalence said:
well... i cant say i have ever had any good experiences with them, but then my problems were 2 years ago so who knows for sure, maybe i will give them another shot in the future.

theyve changed bigtime. check XS sometime, i think the WR for TCCD and 2.5-3-3 is held by them, and it think its like ddr642. its good stuff, theyve turned around alot since the days of old. they are kinda like OCZ in that sense

Fr3@k3r said:
well i can almost garuntee my overclocking problem is my memory now. 260 FSB is the max it can go even on a devider. should i rma it?

geil one tccd is rated 2.5-4-4-8 @ 301mhz but mine wont go past 260.

so what do you guys think?

Where does it say it is rated at 300MHZ/PC4800?

http://www.geilusa.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=68

Or do I have the wrong product?

Last edited:
it says it on the Geil website, it says ddr400 1.5-2-2 and ddr600 2.5-4-4 for the rating. have you tried other bioses or tweaking the current one? Remember, with a DFI, DONT LEAVE ANYTHING AT AUTO!

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
it says it on the Geil website, it says ddr400 1.5-2-2 and ddr600 2.5-4-4 for the rating. have you tried other bioses or tweaking the current one? Remember, with a DFI, DONT LEAVE ANYTHING AT AUTO!

You have a link for the DDR that Fr3@k3r bought?

Back