• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Here Work For ATi?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabkicks

i need to contact someone who works for ATi about a problem with their latest drivers. many others are having the exact same problem with the drivers and the tech support is down untill the holidays are over. :shrug:

So... does anyone here work for ATi or know who does so i can give the information? Even the developer of the game said it is a problem with the drivers...

thx guys :) the problem is that users of various new ATi cards (x800 and 850 series for example) are experiencing a monumental drop in framerates in the game Live For Speed. Live For Speed runs in DirectX 8.1 . This only happens with drivers 5.12 and up. 5.11 works fine.

the thing is... just about every other game runs a bit better but LFS takes a big hit. The developer himself has said it is a bug in the drivers.

Scawen said:
I hope most of you guys have reported it to ATI. They won't know about the problem unless you tell them, and i guess they won't take it seriously if they only hear it from a couple of people.

Remember, one thing about LFS is it's using DirectX 8.1 - have you tried any other DirectX 8.1 games? I think most new games are using DirectX 9. Of course, i have absolutely no idea if it's anything to do with the version of Direct X. But perhaps their main focus would be DX 9 and they'd just run a quick test to make sure that older versions of DX still worked ok.

They really need to run LFS in a debug version of their drivers. to see where the problem lies. There's not much i can do other than make sure LFS doesn't cause any Direct X errors - and i'm always in debug mode when i'm developing, to make sure there aren't any. So i'm pretty sure the problem is in the drivers.

the whole thread is here
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3639

Back