• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for Winter-Een-Mas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infinitevalence

http://www.wintereenmas.com/

What is Winter-een-mas?

Winter-een-mas is a holiday of sorts. More specifically, it is a celebration of video games and the people that play them. Video games allow us to do things, go places, see stuff, that we couldn't do in real life. They can be an escape from reality, a release after a long day, a fun activity with friends, or just an enjoyable way to pass time. They give us a lot of entertainment. So why shouldn't they be celebrated?

When exactly is Winter-een-mas?

Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st. The entire month of January constitutes the Winter-een-mas season, very similar to the "christmas season", where people begin to gear up for the holiday, and get into the spirit of things.

God i love this thing :) So lets hear how you plan to celebrate!

I know i will be playing nonstop marathon. games of Civilization 4 on the biggest map it will let me.

Well I wont do anything different. I have school to attend during that period which kills it, if I had a week off, then I would host a lan and run a marathon of gaming.

i work to much to have fun :( right now i am playing Black and white 2 though, i guess its okay. I just got done playin shadow of the colossus on PS2, that game was AMAZING. soo good

I would be playing a lot games. I have HL2, FEAR, Quake 4, Doom 3, and Farcry ready play, but no video card. :bang head HA HA!!!

Back