• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

full system build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theG

Registered
ok heres the spec, all in boxes, nothing opened.

1x coolermaster centurion
1x hiper 580w PSU
1x ASrock 939 dual-SATA board
1x Athlon 64 3700
4x 1gig sticks kingston ddr 400 (not brand new)
1x radeon x850PE AGP card (not brand new)
3x western digital caviar 320gig SATA drives
1x LITE-ON 16x litescribe dvd burner
1x pioneer dvd-rw 110
2x 120mm akasa blue fans
2x 80mm UV akasa fans
2x 6" UV akasa cathodes.

the graphics card and RAM will be upgraded in the future, to PCIE and higher spec RAM, but unforunately i have never built a SATA based system, so im wondering what the best way to go about building this fecker is.

any help would be appreciated.

kev

also id be interested to hear any comments you might have on how this system will perform, any tips for the future etc.... cheers, happy christmas too!

really?

i heard the opterons are sh*t at stock speed, and as the ASrock isnt a hardcore ovefclocker, i didnt think an opteron would be a good idea,

what about the actual build? im confused as to whether i will be able to plug in my SATA driver, boot from cd and install windows a la IDE.

An opteron is still better than an A64 at stock speed due to the extra cache, and if you look in the right place (monarch) and get an OEM Opteron they're cheaper than A64's. Plus the Opteron 165 is a dual core. And AFAIK you won't need to install SATA drivers unless you plan on using RAID.

i will report back with pics etc, and possibly a running comantry!!

Back