• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blurry LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TalRW

Hey a family friend told me he got a Samsun 730B LCD monitor and that when he reads text it was blurry. He just figured if he was going to be dropping $250 on a monitor he should be able to read it without it being all messed up. He was wondering if a new video card would help because he thinks he has a lowend one (though he doesn't know the model for sure) but believes so because the PC is only worth 300 bucks so I am suspecting onboard. Would increasing the refresh rate help or what else might fix this problem.

Make sure the resolution he's running is the native resolution. If it's the non native resolution then that might be the cause.

if im not mistaken the 730b is similiar to the 930b (except the 730b is 17" whilst the 940b is a 19") and i just purchased a 913t which is the same as a 940b except it has a silver bezel instead of black one....

With all that said i had to play with the contrast and brightness quite a bit to get text to look just right, it looked blurry and choppy on my system to until i messed around with it enough to get it where i wanted it.

I also think its damn hard going from a decent CRT to a good LCD. LCD's just havent gotten there yet

hex

also make sure its running in its native refresh rate, 60hz on my friends lcd looks terrible and blurry, while its native 75 almost looks like a crt

Back