• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TigerDirect.com CPU Return...help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BstOnTheBrain

Registered
I returned a CPU to TigerDirect.com and they just got it back and i got an email yesturday saying i would be refunded. Does anyone know how long it takes to be refunded my money back into my bank accout? Thanks :santa:

Mann I remember back in the day, when I built my first computer. I ordered an 1Ghz Athlon from TigerDirect. They shipped it, I think I destroyed it, and then said it was DOA. They had no more 1Ghz chips left so they sent a 1.1Ghz :)

iNSiGMA said:
Mann I remember back in the day, when I built my first computer. I ordered an 1Ghz Athlon from TigerDirect. They shipped it, I think I destroyed it, and then said it was DOA. They had no more 1Ghz chips left so they sent a 1.1Ghz :)

Thanks for making it to my ignore list

People don't generally react kindly to people who RMA stuff that they destroy. Replacing parts that people falsley claim as defective drives prices up.

brickout said:
People don't generally react kindly to people who RMA stuff that they destroy. Replacing parts that people falsley claim as defective drives prices up.

From a vendor perspective, that's very true. We don't take it lightly when people destroy thier items, then try and return them claiming they were "DOA".

SteveLord said:
he never said he intentionally destroyed it...
Does anyone ever intentionally destroy the items they just paid hard earned cash for?!?! :shrug:

Yes, it takes 2~3 business days to get your money back.

Well i think i got the notification that i was gonna be refunded Tuesday or Monday and i got refunded on Friday so all is well

man_utd said:
Thanks for making it to my ignore list
To all of you.

I don't know that I killed the CPU, I just know that it was causing my machine to not boot or anything. I kept a heatsink on it and everything so I know I didn't kill it, i just kept the possibility open.

So if you're so sore about that, that you need to add me to your ignore list... whatever. It's not even your problem. WOW. They sent me the same part that I was willing to send back to them but the rep told me to just keep the chip. So yeah, i really don't care, it's just sad you became "Mr. Get Bad" just because I said it.

Would YOU buy a new CPU if you didn't know why it wasn't working?

Don't answer that. I don't care.

Back