• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacement battery for dell 8100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speciale

Disabled
I'm heading off to school this semester and my mom is gonna give me her Dell Ispiron 8100 that she never uses, only problem is that it's only got one battery and it is dead.

I did a quick google search and found a ton of aftermarket batteries, and thats what scares me. I know through photography that a lot of aftermarket batteries are great, sometiems better then the OEM ones, and sometimes they are just downright unsafe.

Do you guys have a place you feel safe with???

I'm not worried about finding one, like i said, i can find them easy. The thing is that i've found a billion of them and i'd rather not buy one that

-wont hold a charge
-will blow up
-will fry my computer
-will leak acid

...any number of problems that could occure from buying a battery from some shmuck who makes them in his basement.

I've got an i8200, which uses the same battery. Look for Dell part numbers 75UYF and 1691P. There's a couple others..can't remember them off the top of my head though.

If you're that worried about buying one thru eBAY that might "blow up, fry, or leak acid", give Dell Spare Parts a call. I'm sure they still sell them.

If I was at work, I could give ya the number...I just ordered stuff for my i8200 Tuesday. Upgrading mine to the ATi 9000 64 meg card, got a spare AC adapter, and a set of the burlwood palmrest inserts coming from Dell next week. :D You should be able to find the number on Dell's site though.

Back