• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximum vCore for Venus Opterons???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

Hey guys, maybe i wont see that much of an improvement but ill replace my winny for an opteron 148. I wanna shoot for 2.9GHz but what bothers me is how high can i take my vCore.

I live in Mexico so ambient tems force to use .05v avg above you guys to get 85%-90% the speeds you get.

Right now my winchester peaks at 55C under full load while gaming (having my x800xl like hot barbecue grill below it) with somewhat a high vCore (1.55v) but im still confy with that.

So if my opteron peaks at the same temps, is feasible to reach 2.9Ghz with 1.45 or even 1.5 vCore?

Thnx in advance

EDIT: I MEANT 148, NOT 180 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
why buy a 180??

get an fx-55 for close to the same price lol

I had a 146 that did 3.0 on 1.5, the voltage max is the same as on the venice/diego cores. the opteron run hot though.

If he wants to test an Opteron 180 for us, I say let him! :)

Phob,
I don't think we've seen any Opteron 180 results yet. But if any dual cores can make it to 3GHz, this CPU can. Whether that speed can be reached with medium voltage (1.5v); I have no clue.

IWasHungry said:
If he wants to test an Opteron 180 for us, I say let him! :)

Phob,
I don't think we've seen any Opteron 180 results yet. But if any dual cores can make it to 3GHz, this CPU can. Whether that speed can be reached with medium voltage (1.5v); I have no clue.
dont forget that his climate is only giving him 85-90% of total potential speeds, so you're right, he might need the 180 to get near/over 3ghz...

Eldonko said:
It is probably feasible yeah. Do you have a decent aftermarket air cooler?

OMG I FUBARED THE THREAD, im getting a 148, not a 180 :bang head !!!!!!

thnx for the cheers guys. And yes, i have an xp120... just look at mi sig, i got the best i could get at the time, and i dont know anybody in my area with such good air cooling :D

Oh....lol.
I'm sure most 148s could get 2.9GHz on 1.5v. It just depends on luck. Several members have gotten such results.

PhobMX said:
OMG I FUBARED THE THREAD, im getting a 148, not a 180 :bang head !!!!!!

thnx for the cheers guys. And yes, i have an xp120... just look at mi sig, i got the best i could get at the time, and i dont know anybody in my area with such good air cooling :D
LOL ok GL ;)

Back