• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help, very very strange problem....?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

Hi, just installed a new case, lian li v1000+, very impressed so far.

now, my old case didnt have a case speaker, so i never had the beep at the tsrat, or the error sounds. but this case does, and to my susprise, when i boot up. at you know the bit after RAID screen, (press f4 to setup raid or whatever) the screen where u would normally get diskboot failur. i keep getting this beep like a fire alarm, like beep beep beep beeep, etc.... normally the sound u get when there is an error.

but the funny thing is that windows boot up fine, everything works fine so far, im posting on this computer as we speak. i just unplgued the speaker from the mobo. (where all the pwoer led power switch is etc...)

i had this before when i put my headset on, on my old computer, but i fixed that by muting "PC Speaker" under volume control. so whats wrong? i mena i dont mind keeping speake runplugged, but would like to know what wrong?? thanks! bye.

edit: i got abit ic7-max3 with p4 prescott 3.0 800fsb cpu

hah, you are in the wrong forum! this needs to be moved to the intel side of things.

i've got the same mobo as you, and i don't know where my manual is atm, but there should be a list of beep codes, and what they mean.

ops im used to posting in amd forums, used to have an athlon xp system :p sorry about this, mod plz delete i have reposted :)

Back