• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Breadbox as a Rad-Box. Will this work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kimochii72

I'm trying to figure out if this will work or not. I was cleaning my kitchen today and as I looked at this nice little box a light bulb turned on. I'm planning on using it for either a Danger Den Black Ice Pro 3 or an Xtreme 3 radiator. But the dimensions of the breadbox are right at the limits of the websights measurements of 397mm length (396 to 397mm x 160mm x 145mm). So I called Danger Den and asked them if this 397mm is from the 1st to the last fin or the measurements of the extremeties of the rad. They supposedly had some guy measure it out in inches (I guess they can't convert very well over there), and he said for the Pro 3 it was 15 1/2 x 5 3/16 x 1 3/16 which turns out to be just under the website measuments in millimeters. They did say this is the outer extemities of the rad.
I'd also like to put the D5 pump in there as well as I measured closely using my 19" lcd with a pic from their websight and it seems as though the D5 is right around 145mm in height. I think this would provide great ventilation for both the pump cooling and radiator cooling as well. And it would look nice. Does anyone have one of these radiators and could you tell me if the outer ends of these radistors exceeds 396 or 397mm?

Last edited:
The pictures don't do it justice. Looks much better in person but I am still going to paint it if I can confirm that the BI III models don't exceed 397mm on the outer ends. Which is better for 3 x 120mm Evercool Aluminim fans (70-80cfm each):
BIX III
BIP III
?

kimochii72 said:
The pictures don't do it justice. Looks much better in person but I am still going to paint it if I can confirm that the BI III models don't exceed 397mm on the outer ends. Which is better for 3 x 120mm Evercool Aluminim fans (70-80cfm each):
BIX III
BIP III
?

BIP is. Bix is for like 104cfm and up or something like that.

I had thought of something similar, only I would be using one of those bread boxes that you slide the whole loaf into with a tray of some sort. I figured it would be able to house a 120mm fan or two and possibly even incorporate a electrostatic filter of some kind to keep out the dust. The Toyota Heater core I use fits one I have perfectly.

But I like your idea better! I like stuff that looks more like furniture.

Back