• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digital system setup guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, so here is the deal. I have a Durabrand HT-400 digital home theater system that was given to me. I also have the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D. I hooked the cables up from the red/white digital outputs on the mobo to the red/white digital inputs for auxilary on the HTS. Opened up Nvidia Mixer and went through the test, and I hear....nothing.

Any idea? Its on and all, when I go through the sound test, I can hear sound from the speakers I have hooked up, but not from the computer.

You dont have red and white(which would be analog not digital) outputs on your motherboard. You have a red one, which is digital in, and a yellow one which is digital out. Hook up the yellow one to the dvd-in on your Duraband HT-400 and set your pc to output SPDIF and it should work. The reason it wasn't working cause you were trying hook up digital out/in plugs to the analog input in your receiver which wouldn't work.

Back