• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

A friend of mine has a ASUS PC800 motherboard with a Pentium 4- 3 gig cpu,he wants to upgrade to some better ram,I am more up on the AMD stuff than INTEL.
What would be a good choice for his rig??

Thanks

Whats he do with his PC?Does he OC or plan On OCing it?If he wants to OC and game with it some OCZ PC3200 Platinums would fit the bill.And since they are tccd they will OC very well .When i had my intel system i had 2x512mb of AdataPC4000 which was very nice ram to.But really it depend's on what he wants to do with his computer. Tell us a little more about how he use's it and im sure you will get more help

all he does is gaming,his pc is mildly overclocked,just barely above stock.

Personally if he doesnt OC much i think 2 gigs would give him better performance.When i had 1.5gigs(2x512mb + 2x256mb in DC) running on my AI7 i noticed much better in game performance than with just a gig and overclocked.I had a 3.0 northwood that wouldnt OC for anything but with that 1.5 gigs (@ cas 2.5-4-4-8) and my old FX5900 128mb+ bios flashed to a 5950 games were smoother and opened much faster.So 2 gigs would probably be his best bet without OCing or very little OCing.I would try these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211014

Im thinking about grabbing a set for my system .Im sure these will OC a little and with tighter timing to.Adata ram is very good.

Last edited:
Hey thanks a lot,I sure appreciate the time,I will pass this link on to him..

Thanks again:)

Back