• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help - mATX ASUS Board choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stevieb92

Registered
Hi all,
I am looking to build a small pc to do some media center duties. I purchased the Antec Aria case, and am deciding on the motherboard. I am torn between the ASUS P4V8X-MX and the ASUS P4S8X-MX.

Has anyone any experience with either of these? Any pros or cons with either?
They are within a few bucks of each other, so price isn't a big deal. I really don't want to spend more than 60 on a board for this media center pc.

Thanks for the help.

I was thinking of the first one you recommended, but it doesn't have an AGP slot. I already havean AGP card that I want to use, so an AGP slot is preferred. I also have a P4 2.4 533Mhz 512Kb L2 socket 478 chip. I don't really want to spend almost 100 for a board for this media center pc. Any other recommendations?

What sort of problems did your friend have? Were they inherent to the non-Intel chips, or problems due to other parts of the boards?

Thanks

Back