• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quite the conundrum.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zewt

Hokay. So I install a copy of windows on my friends HDD that is connected to my system. I do this because for some odd reason the cd drive in his system wont let him load the XP cd at boot even when I make the cd rom the boot device.

anyways.

So we take the installation for a test run and everything works. We can run windows on his HDD in standard mode, beautifuly. By this time we unplug the HDD and take it back to his house to hook it up to his new system and what do we find? Boot screen fails, does a blue screen and the comp reboots. However, we did discover that we can load safemode on his comp but only one of the ****ing cd drives is recognized. And get this, the drive wont recognize any kind of disk. It also recognizes a floppy even though we dont have a single one hooked up to his computer. I am stuck and feel as if someone of a higher power is looking down upon me, laughing. Please help. Thank you all.

I had a prblem like that with the drive and the floppy disk drive.

Ok with your optical drives I'm betting that the one that shows up is the on at the end of the cable?
Well make sure it's little jumper is set to master and that the jumper on the seccond drive is set to slave.
If that dosen't work then get yourself new drives and try them also.

Ok the floppy problem happend to me and I had to have my bios like this till I got a floppy.
Go in to the bios and look for where the boot devices are listed remove the floppy, also anywhere else in the bios where you see something like floppy size set it to none or disabled.

Castroman, about the master and slave settings. When I pull out both the CDROM and the DVD drives, theres no jumper settings diagram for me to go by :(

Freaker: Thanks man. I feel like an idiot now :):(

Back