• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Under Attack! Need Backup!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ObsesivComplsiv

Registered
My fellow forum members,
I could really use some help. I have managed to pick up some "internet cooties" of some sort and need some suggestions on what to do. I have a ton of b/w being used in background and am being blocked from finding out what is using it. I cant even bring up my task manager! when I try I get a message telling me that my administrator has disabled it, but as far as I can tell I AM the Administrator! :bang head I figure that if anyone can help me It would be you guys. Right?

try logging in, in safe mode. Then run HijackThis, and post a text log of it here.

I'd also try running a virusscan. Go to housecall.trendmicro.com if you can't do one from your PC.

Guess i should first say thanks for taking the time to respond. THANK YOU! OK,back to business. Forgive my noob-ness but i'm unfarmiliar with "HijackThis" I'm assuming its an app. of some sort? I updated my def's & scanned the machine and it found a couple files but was unable to repair, delete, or even quarantine them. I will google for that app. get back to you. Thanks again!

Google the files your AV was unable to repair, that should lead you to some removal instructions unless it's a new exploit.

Back