• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new system...:)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC/ingmaddog

Well guys I made it... I upgraded from the lonely days of Socket A and my T-bred 2100+.

Here's what I got:
DFI nF4 Ultra-D
x800 GTO^2
Opty 144

I'm not sure what BIOS I'm running on my Ultra-D, lol. I'll need to find out, then I'll flash to the 623-3 or the 704-2BTA. I need a gig of RAM but I wish I would have bought another stick of what I have now, take a look:
245x915225new7py.jpg

This is just with 1x512MB stick too... This is really weird too as the highest I got on my 2100+ w/LanParty with 3.3V is 235x10!!!! This is 3.0V!!! It's not stable but still. I'm pretty amazed as I feel this can go even higher.

I just flashed my GTO so now I'm running 16 pipes with 450core/490mem.

My Opty is a CAB2E 0545MPMW. The TCaseMax is 57 degrees C.

I did have two problems while building it though. One was the stock HS/F that came with my Opty was a BIATCH to install.

The second was I was supposed to plug in the FDD connector on the motherboard right below the CPU socket, to increase 5V/12V stability right? Well I did and my computer would turn on (like all the fans and lights would come on) for a second then it would turn off. Well I unplugged that and it booted up fine...w t f?

Any ideas on that?

Please, any comments and suggestions would be welcome as I am new to the A64 front...:)

Back