• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artifacting in an older game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumbstixLars

I decided to play Midtown Madness (havn't played it in a few years). Went to play it, put all the settings on high, and it's artifacting like crazy. I tried it on both my rigs in my sig. Anybody have an idea how to fix this, or what may be causing it? I'm running stock clocks on everything.

Thanks

CPU is about 30C, GPU I don't know, 6600GT doesn't display that. I can play BF2 with no problem on both systems though.

Don't the 6600's have temp monitors? It should be in the nvidia controlpanel or riva tuner.

My 6200 has a temp option, but the 6600 doesn't have the option. The 6200 idles @ 41C (it's in a compact case).

have you tried different drivers ?

sometimes some drivers bug with setups and games.. i found this to be true not to long ago when running an older game myself... newer drivers did not work for me i had to chop and screw the driver package to get it to work ..

Well, I have the 8.1.9.4 on the 6800 and I have 7.9.XX on the 6200. What else could I try?

Back