• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I do something wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobd314

Ok, so this is my first time overclocking anything besides me messing around with old systems, so I guess I mean that its the first time I have tried to make it stable, or something like that.

Anyway, I have an Opteron 148 and I got it up to 2.9GHZ as seen here http://static.flickr.com/40/79636314_e8bc9d0763_o.jpg . However, when I shutdown the computer, and restart it after its been off for about 5 hours or so, however long I sleep, it wont boot with the HTT being at 270 MHz. I have to revert down to like 230 MHz for it to even boot. I dont know if it has anything to do with the voltages or whatever, but when it was at 270 in the picture, it was stable for me doing my normal stuff for over 8 hours.

---System Info---
CPU: Opteron 148
Mobo: DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR
GFX: eVGA 7800GTX
RAM: 1 GB (512MBx2) OCZ Platinum Revision 2

You might want to try raising volts.
Otherwise, try keeping your ram at as close to 200 as possible, it might be a problem with the memory controller.
Finally, have you tested 2.97gHz with prime or pi?
It sounds like your chip was relatively stable at that speed so it shouldn't take too much work, although a proper burn-in might be just the thing to stabilize it.

bob you may be having coldboot issues? i don't have a high-end rig like you do but g0dM@n has a thread regarding the coldboot issues with the same board.

pm him or look for his thread, that might help out?

Back