• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeron m overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rakkassan34

Seen the article on the 200% overclock on the celeron m but would like to know more. Anyone else tried overclocking these things in a desktop and if so what kind of performance are they getting.

200%?

:mad:

At that kind of O/C, I can't help but think you would scorch the chip. Even if you did get it to stick, how long would it last?
If I can get 50% and keep it cool and system stable, I'm happy.

that chip might do 3ghz under normal cooling, i really don't know. i'm sure he went through a lot of those things looking for a golden chip. maybe crotale could chime in if he sees this thread.

ln2 is not for long term use at all. its expensive, it evaporates very quickly, and it is pretty dangerous.

Just to clarify any misconceptions...this is a Mobile Celeron Northwood Core based on Pentium 4. It is NOT a Celeron M which is based on a Pentium M core and one of those would not clock that high.

funnyperson1 said:
Just to clarify any misconceptions...this is a Mobile Celeron Northwood Core based on Pentium 4. It is NOT a Celeron M which is based on a Pentium M core and one of those would not clock that high.

Ahhh so that's how he got it to fit in a desktop board. I'm wondering if anyone out there with a ct 479 adapter used a celeron m in a desktop and overclocked it.

rakkassan34 said:
Ahhh so that's how he got it to fit in a desktop board. I'm wondering if anyone out there with a ct 479 adapter used a celeron m in a desktop and overclocked it.
I'm sure its been done, there is no reason why a Celeron M should not work in one of those adapters.

they do work but dont o/c as high as the other ones. The fact that there multi is locked. you might get lucky to hit 150mhz fsb on a Celeron M

I've never been lucky enough to reach 150 fbs. I've heard Celerons are good at this. I've been trying to get a Tualatin 1.1 mhz off of Ebay. These are really suppose to haul the mail.
I just did get a Celeron 1.1mhz SL5ZF and will give this one a go.
I want to get it up to 133 fbs from 100.
I think I need to mod my Slocket adapter or the chip itself.
Anyone know about this? Or how to work it?

Thanks,

Mike.

mkoersvelt said:
Tualatin 1.1 mhz
Thanks,

Mike.
why? the celeron M would slap it silly. well i still have a Abit ST-6 with Tualy 1.2 does 1.6 but needs a bit more voltage to be complety stable stops priming after 18hrs. cant seem to bring my self to pin mod it eh its old plus i now have a 3.0c @ 3.6ghz as a back-up.

mkoersvelt said:
A Celeron M would work in a BH6? Isn't that a 400fbs?
How does a pin mod work. Which pin?
no it wouldnt CM and PM are 478/479 and the pin layout is so different from the p4 478 which is why asus has the CT-479 adapter. You could get some pm mobos, if you can find them but those are around @$200-300 i think just for the mobo. You can't do a simple pin mod....

Back