• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

confused

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DePlancke

Registered
hey I have an AMD athlon 64 3000 processor and a Abit AV8 Motherboard. My External Clock speed is 220 and I got there with the OC Guru. I ran the 3D Mark 2001 SE test and got a 18061. How can I make my External Clock speed higher without my computer crashing?

duplicate thread. erase the other one to keep all answers in same thread.

that motherboard needs a few tweaks to be overclocked. disable agp 3.0 calibration and fast writes. lower the LDT multiplier to 4x. also increase the PCI latency one notch.

What ram are you using?

What power supply are you using?

What type of cooling do you have?

What are your current temperatures?

What are your voltages currently set at?

Are you using SATA drives in a raid configuration?

plbowler said:
nice job.

hey how can he test his temp under load?

i can never figure out how to get abit EQ to diplay while running 3D2001
Use SpeedFan. It supports uGuru. Keep it open while running 3DM. There's a temp graphing option or something like that.

What is LTD Multiplier?

Ram-1 gig stick of geil(3200)
Power supply-Came with case(500 watt)
Cooling-Stock
Temp of CPU-41 C(106 F)
Voltage-Stock

DePlancke said:
What is LTD Multiplier?

It's controls the speed at which the main CPU bus runs at. You basically want to keep that around 1000mhz so say your running 300 X 9, you would want to set LDT to 3X. Possibly 4X would work but high LDT speeds don't do much for performance. They mainly allow stability when running high HTT speeds.

At 220 like your at Auto or 5X is fine. Plus your temps are kinda high if thats idle. It could be your ram as well.

im looking for a quiet, cpu cooling fan/heat sink

would you guys recommend any certain ones?

Tuniq Tower, it's big but my 3800 is at nearly 3Ghz on one. Very quiet also.

@ bowler,

LDT has nothing to do with (locked) chip multis. It's the speed the bus runs between the chipset & CPU. The Ram could be a factor depending on its IC type and voltage used.

yeah that tuniq tower i think may be a little too big for me

have any other cpu cooling fan/heat sink you could recommend?

It's not too big if it fits inside your case ;)

Plus it would allow lots of overclocking potential if you want to try that more in the future. The way I see it, buy the best you can get and you won't have to worry about it later.

how much does it cost? I searched for it on google a little bit but didnt see any prices.

Back