• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 Long Beep, Then 2 Short Beeps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froggy

Ok here is my situation. I have an Abit AN8 Ultra 2.0 Mobo that ran a 3700+ Sandy @2.7Ghz and I was upgrading to a Opteron 165 DC. Due to my watercooling I had to remove the Mobo to swap CPUs. Upon reinstallation and subsequent reboot, I get a BIOS beep of 1 long and 2 short beeps. Supposedly this means a video card recognition error. I have re-inserted and wiggled my X850XT multiple times as well tried my older X800Pro with no solution. I tried reducing the number of RAM Sticks in the system, but nothing is changing this! Any further ideas?

Yes I know that Roofles. I was hoping that someone would have an idea why.I took a perfectly operating system, removed the mobo from the case, swapped CPUs and reinstalled the mobo and now this error. I also used a 2nd video card to eliminate a potenially bad video card from messing things up. Anything else I can try or do I need to RMA?

Yea I tested both cards, I was just hoping I did something dumb! Oh Well.

Try puttin the old CPU back in and see if it boots back up. I know that really sounds like a long shot, but wtf, it was the last thing that let you have a working configuration right ?

Yea I could try that. Wouldn't make sense..but I will try that!

Ah whoops, missed that part of the post.

Do you have a 'reset cmos' jumper? I would try using that or removing the battery to reset cmos and they try with either video card.

Yeah I jave a CMOS resetm I will give that a try as well. Thanks all for the advice, I will report back with results.

Back