• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big problems with s754 lanparty nf3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frenzy20

Ok, it all started a few days ago when I decided to see what one of my sticks of memory could do, I knew one was UTT but I wasn't sure about the other, I thought it was TCCD/TCC5. I took the first one out and left the voltage at 2.9, I moved the timeings to 3-4-4-9 and the frequency to 230, I set the divider back to 1:1. I tried booting up and all I got was beeps. I reset the cmos, put in the other stick, and it kindof works. The onboard lan can't get the right IP address, and when it boots, instead of saying UPDATING DMI POOL........SUCCESS, it doesn't show the success part and continues to show "Boot from CD:" on the next two lines, then boots from the hard drive. I turned it off, unpluged it, switched over to my new SI-120, cleaned everything, reformated, and I still have the same problem. I am using a LAN card now and it says it has limited or no connectivity, it just worked a few hours ago.

So thats my story, everything was working great up until now, if I can't get it fixed, I'll probably end up buying a new motherboard.

Ok, I guess it did update the DMI just fine, but normally it would just boot straight into windows, but instead it says its verifying the DMI pool data and it doesn't say anything after that. I thought I would add that I flashed the bios. Any suggestions are welcome, I'm going to try blasting it out with a compressor when I get the chance. If you think it's done, what would be some cheaper alternatives to getting the same motherboard? I've heard good things about the chaintech.

did switching ram and running it corrupt your os?

i had a bad stick of ram do that on a pc.

Thanks for the help, it works now, I'm not sure what the problem was before, but the reason it didn't work when I posted that was because my brother unpluged my network cable from the router last time he reset it.

Also worth noting with that board if you're going to test the memory, avoid DIMM #2 like the plague. #1 and #3 only...don't ask why, but the 2nd slot is just bad on every board I've ever seen. IIRC, only using one stick in slot 2 actually resulted in not posting at all. :)

Back