• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacment board needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BokiOverclocker

My friends HP Pavilion 753n got hit by power surge and fried the PSU and MB.
i got new PSU but have hard time to find a MB that will fit back inside his case.
PC has Intel Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ 533 FBS 1.5v <SL6D8> and chip is mPGA478B.
from the search on the web it should have a MSI MS-6577 Motherboard but can't find it no where to buy and still not sure 100% sure if that is the one.
here is the best link so far with info

link

So any help would be great.

BTW you guys think it's worth to rebuild this machine?

THANKS A LOT :)

you should start at the pc's website for useful info ...
Located Here

what kind of money are you willing to spend to upgrade this ?
what psu did you get ?
you can get motherboard for 45 dollars on up to 95 dollars that includes shipping...

what is the purpose of this pc ? it can be easily made into a nice pc you dont have to go and buy a whole new one...

do you have easy access to the pc ? can you open the case up and measure from top to bottom and left to right for clearance ?
measure the actual board in there now and post what size that is .. along with how much nmore room you could go (max size that would fit into the case)

for the cheapest fix you could spend 45 dollars and get it back running "as is".
for a better board you could spend 85 dolars.

memory i would reccomend ditching that old pc2100 and upgrading to 1gb of pc3200. just get the cheap set for 70 dollars. it will make a huge difference compared to the 512 of pc2100 thats in there now (assuming its still stock machine)..

you could even go for a video card and do some gaming .. nice cards can be had for cheap too..

117 for a new motherboard and 1gb of ram ..

do you have xp to install ?

just ask what they want out of it ...

Back