• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G5 or G7 for games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sl4vik

Banned for warez discussion, flaming, being an ign
I play a lot of CS:Source and DOD:Source, money is not an issue here, but which one do you think is better? Will the wireless G7 be able to keep up with the wired G5? I need some help here.

Why is that a factor? Yes, I have right now a wireless Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse. I hate the mouse though.

i am completely happy with the g5 plus the rma service is awesome... 3 year warranty too, got mine off mwave $55 shipped with 2 day fedex...

i've tried both aside from the other side button which is hard to use anyway its a less quality mouse IMO, it is an optical mouse and the G5 is a laser mouse...

Gone from a MX1000 to G7 and I am happy and sad. For games playing it really is great and I have noticed its a bit more accurate when using 2000dpi.
Only thing is that I was use the extra buttons on the 1000.

i dont miss the extra buttons and i use 1600dpi for desktop use, 2000dpi makes alot of difference when flying planes and helis in bf2. i hate wireless stuff.....

So, MX518 over the G5? Is laser that much better than optical? I will make the decision right now, I need a mouse lol.

Still waiting on my G5 and Func pad went with less buttons for laser.(But I bet the mx518 would be completely satisfactory.)

I was torn between wired and wireless decided to go with wired cause its cheaper.

Its a tough decision but then I thought its $50... I can afford to use it for a few years then buy another. Its not like making a mistake on a big dollar item like a monitor. My 2cents

If you don't use the forward button, the G5 is better. It's not just higher dpi, it's got a much better sensor, better polling rate, and overall better response(I own both, so this is based off of what I've experienced during use).

The G7 ROCKS... worth every dime... the transmitter is smaller than a usb flashdrive and the battery packs are quickswapping and you get two battery packs so you always have one charging...

Well, I bought a MX518 and XRAY THunderpad. Reason being the MX518 being $30 on Newegg right now, and I also read that the middle scroll sucks on the G5. Besides, as you guys said its only $30-50. I can wait a year or so and get a G10 or something lol.

Aidenswarrior said:
the mx518 is better than both. it keeps the two side buttons, which i use a ton, and 1600 dpi is plenty.

I have a g7, and while its a fantastic mouse it ****es me off that there is only 1 side button and not two. Otherwise though, its a fantastic mouse, probably better than any other mouse I've had including wired ones. The g7 makes you wonder why anyone would ever buy a wired mouse again. Some old first gen wireless stuff was crap, but this stuff is refined, its prefect, and its better than wired. Using the middle mouse as a button instead of just horizontal and vertical scroll takes some getting used to though. I swear it's like logitech could have gotten this mouse perfect, but didn't on purpose.

Last edited:
Back