• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme Heatsink Cooling!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hexen

Okay just wondering about this since I have decided to keep my Slot A athlon,Would I be able to add the new Delta 60MM fans onto my heatsink? (About 51CFM per fan is alot of cooling) :p Just wondering since It would greatly drop my current temps down,CPU Idle-67°F,CPU Full Load-86°F,But if I do decide to switch to the seemingly ever so popular Abit VH62 mobo,I think only one of those delta fans should suffice on a socket heatsink ;) I might do that..Since that Abit board cost less the my slot a board! :eek: :eek: ,Anyone know any good sites that do COD or money order for these motherboard's & a reliable CPU for it?TIA :D

If your cpu is 67*f at Idle, how cold is your room? :p

Ps it seems you have great temps now, why would you want to add a louder fan if you already have excellent results?

ps isn't the 60 Mill Delta 37cfm and not 51?

Well I keep it pretty cold in my house..About 60-65°F in the house at all times,And my comp doesn't run to many fans so i'd like to add more,I like to have sys temps like the rest of you l337 overclockers :p lol,But uhm no that's the old 30cfm 60mm delta,They came out with a new one that's 50cfm 60mm,but loud as all heel and creation! 54.5decibels:eek: :eek: ,Well have a look here for yourself,Not bad fans for the price...Delta50cfm

Keep us posted,
I have to find out how well those 51CFM 60MM deltas are!
I think you may lose a ram slot or too, did you do the
math yet. THAT FAN IS 38MM TALL!:D

Haha I only run 2 RAM slots anyway :p ,I was checking around and I wanted to add some exhaust fans,And found some MONSTER 120MM YS-Tech fans! (120MM by 38MM:rolleyes: )But at a low RPM speed(2800RPM)And a 125.5cfm! :eek: I don't think anyone would mind the 45 decibel noise now would you :p (btw found those fans for $16.00 ea.)

Hexen said:
Haha I only run 2 RAM slots anyway :p ,I was checking around and I wanted to add some exhaust fans,And found some MONSTER 120MM YS-Tech fans! (120MM by 38MM:rolleyes: )But at a low RPM speed(2800RPM)And a 125.5cfm! :eek: I don't think anyone would mind the 45 decibel noise now would you :p (btw found those fans for $16.00 ea.)

Heh ... Well add those damn 120mm/125 CFM on the slot :p

Bah the Delta's are too loud and I heard you shouldn't be connecting them to the mobo if so you'll fry your mobo :S

Hexen said:

No,
Really Take measurements...Watch him not check and he finds
out all his ram slots are taken up by this moster fan! :p

--------------------------------

Hey, any of you guys fold?
We really need all the people we can get!
Check out my post:
http://forums.overclockers.ws/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43188

Well for one lol two 120MM fans just wouldn't fit on a Slot A athy heatsink :p And two,I don't think I want them delta's without some kinda of noise dampener,They'd drive me nuts! :eek: So I'll just buy this new case with already has about 250CFM going for it with the exhaust fans built in it and add on to it :p Thanks everyone you all have been more then helpful!

Yodums,It says on the page to get a 3Pin-2-4Pin connector as it will short curcuit the mobo yes,Would not be a good idea to hook up a 60MM fan with 50CFM & 8000RPM to a 3pin fan connecter...Thing draws about the same amount of juice as a YS-Tech 120MM fan lol :p

Back