• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HTT 1060 mhz.. is it too much?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Francesco2

Registered
I'm currently running my HTT at 265*4 = 1060 mhz ( 2120 mhz final speed )

Is it too much? Should I drop the LDT multipler to x3 ? If so it would result in a final speed of 1590 mhz... which is more than 400 mhz under the optimal speed.. would it cause a performance drop compared to my current HTT speed?

It's not too much if it's stable.

LDT multi doesn't decrease your cpu speed, it only decrease your max theoretical HTT bandwidth.

Ok tnx, I will test with prime95 for few hours and if all seems ok I will leave it as it is now then.

Yes I know that dropping the ldt multipler does not decrease the cpu speed, I will redo my question maybe I'll be more clear this time:
Does drecreasing the HTT bandwidth cause a performance drop to a system or not?

Not unless you drop it a lot. I haven't seen numbers, but many people will keep theirs from 750-950 to insure that HTT isn't a stability issue.

I usually kept mine under about 1100, which was stable for my system. Any time I approached that, I dropped the multi.

Good luck!

Back