• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C 800-E Deluxe Compatability Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hondamanslim

Registered
I have a P4C 800-E Deluxe and i want to know if a 3.4E Prescott is compatible with this board?? I also want to know what kind of performance i can expect from a 20% overclock with that processor?? Can anyone help me??

Hondamanslim

Currently running the following:

P4 3.0E Prescott OC'd to 3.603 ghz
P4C 800-E motherboard
ATI X850 XT
Corsair TwinX 1024(2x512)PC3200C2PRO Times 2 = 2 gigs
(2) WD Raptor (10,000 rpm) 74gig HD's running in Raid 0
Ultra X Connect Power Supply (500w)
Lian Li PC7B-Plus w/ (2) 120mm Silverstone Fans

Last edited:
prescott 3.4 on ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe

I have the 3.4 prescott running.
With bios version x.18 and up it even supports the unlocking of this processor.
I personally prefer a stable system above a very fast system, but with OC-ing I couldn't get it to run over 3.89 Ghz. :shrug: :bang head

system:
ASUS P4C800-E dlx
Intel Prescott 3.4 ghz currently @ 3.7 Ghz (locked)
cooled by Zalman cnps 7000Cu

memory:
2x 512 Mb Gskill 2-2-2-5 (pc4400)

general mem settings: 2.5-3-3-7

WD 160 Gb IDE hdd
Pioneer A108 DVD
SB audigy 2 ZS
ATI 9600xt vivo with zalman heatpipe and fan.

OCZ powerstream 420

Kingwin MutantX case custom modded to fit in:
2 Thermaltake 80 mm papst fans in rear (exhaust)
2 120 mm fans in side panel (brand unknown ... got them from my brother who designed the Philips PerfectDraft ... these 'leftovers' generate a lot of airflow with very low noise)
1 Zalman 90 mm intake fan in front to cool down Harddrive(s)
all controlled by Zalman FC1 Fan controller.

Last edited:
my sig rig is a 3.2e - very stable at 235 fsb, but my cpu would go past that ... lots of folks have had this mobo at 4 ghz and more ... but depends a lot on wether you got lucky with a cpu that oc's well.

I vdroop modded mine and have pretty good power with a ocz 520 powerstream. I also put it on water so have good temps. so pretty much my cpu 'sucks' ... although it is a 724 folder for the last year ... so very stable.

Because of the vdroop mod and vcore i need to run (1.5) i needed lots of cooling. Had a zalman 7700cu on it and it was too hot so i went to water.

Have a few new asus boards . p5ld2 and p5wd2 ... they easily hit 4 ghz although my 830 are so hot dual folding that i can only run them at 3.9 ghz on air. Much better power and cooling on these mobos for the power hungry prescotts.

You will want to get lots of fresh (cool) air to the cpu and sinked mofsets as well as actively cool the northbridge to get a high OC, and a very good hsf assuming air cooling.

If u get a lucky cpu, you might not have to raise vcore much so that would help contain the extra cooling.

I don't have the "E" version, but I've run a 3.4Ghz prescott with zero problems. I've got a 3.2E running 4.3Ghz rock steady stable as my main rig. ( see sig :D )

I can push it to 5Ghz, but my ram craps out no matter what voltage i throw at it, and these are the best BH5's ever. I run 4.2Ghz 24/7 with 1.45v. Your board will not have any problems runnin a 3.4Ghz pressy. I vote go for it and push it till it bleeds! ;)

Thanks

Sweet! Thanks for the advice. I'll let ya know how it turns out! I'll keep checking this thread for any more replies as well. I will most likely wait a few week before purchasing 3.4E. I may give my 3.0 another look as well. Thanks again for the quick response.

Back