• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Razer Copperhead Pwns Me... I Hate This Thing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

The mouse will not work if it is plugged in when windows starts, but it will work if I unplug it, then plug it back in after windows is loaded....WEIRD! Also, whenever I go to where you can modify the DPI of the mouse, it says "No mouse detected. Press ok to scan usb ports again or cancel to continue (no settings will be saved)". So I press ok, and it acts like it found it because I am able to change the DPI and all that junk. But when I exit out, then enter back in it says the mouse is not detected. Do you have to have USB 2.0 to run this mouse, because I'm not sure if I have it. How do you check if you have USB 2.0?

Herr Rogers said:
The mouse will not work if it is plugged in when windows starts, but it will work if I unplug it, then plug it back in after windows is loaded....WEIRD!

i have the same problem with my razor diamondback! :bang head

Herr Rogers said:
How do you check if you have USB 2.0?

It should be in the BIOS. Look for anything relating the USB controller it should have the option of enabling or disabling USB2.0 support. As a side note, try turning on legacy support while in BIOS. That forces the bios to detect the mouse at startup.

Hmmm, that is definately lame. I am currently trying to update my firmware.
I will let you guys know how it goes.

i think at some point razer said it was not really their fault, some motherboards just couldn't handle the power it needed right at startup (when everything else is also drawing power). i could be wrong, though. which firmware were you using?

I just put the newest firmware on there and it seems to be working, lets hope it doesn't deteriorate.

Back