• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i cant share my files with laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrClean

Registered
Hi. Im trying to share my computer files with the laptop but it won't let me. It comes up with this error when I go to Sharing and Security and check the box and hit apply:

An error occured has occurred while trying to share My Videos. The server service is not started. The shared resource was not started at this time.

help! sry im a reall noob

Right click "My Computer" and select "Manage". In the window that opens, click the [+] beside Services and Applications to expand it and then click Services.

In the right pane, navigate down to the entry for "Server" and double click it to open its Properties box. Set the "Startup type" to Automatic and, if the service is currently Stopped, click the "Start" button, then click OK. Exit the Computer Management window.

omg thx for ur help, but unfortunately ive got another prob.
the reason i wanted to share was so i could watch videos on my laptop from my computer but all i get is sound. any ideas?

wow...i feel stupid..so sry guys lol i forgot to install the codec!!!! :bang head
thx hafa for ur help! :) :) :)

Back