• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, new to Wcing, $75 wc setup :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moho

I wanna title tooo !
got some stuff to build a WC rig and here they are:
580GPH Mr aqua pump custom fitted with 1/2 OD barbs.110V
9x6" rad with 120MM fan
MCW5000
MCW50
5 1/4 Bay sized reservoir

first question: i am looking to get some PC ICE and was wondering how many times it will have to be flushed, and if anyone has used this cooling stuff before.
second: whats the best route for the setup(pump-x-x-x) will be P4 based, only running a 2.4A and a Ti4600
3rd: if anyone knows if $75 was a good price for all my stuff...

I wonder just how non-conductive it would be if poured into a running PSU?
Most of the non-conductive fluids I have seen will short out a psu rather quickly. Besides a little care to prevent any leaks is always better. I use a 10% solution of distilled water and auto coolant.

Put the pump right after your res, and use whatever order for the other components gives you the shortest route and avoids tight bends. The coolant temperature differential in the loop will be fairly small, hence it's more important to concentrate on avoiding unnecessary restriction.

Sorry to burst your bubble but as soon as any liquid hits metal it becomes conductive since it take microscopic shards of it with it. Sure that metal isnt conductive but as soon as its in your loop it becomes conductive.

maybe someone could tell me how many times it will be needed to be flushed?
i know that it becomes more and more conductive as long as you use it, it just seems better than using water. At least when it comes to leaks

Hey Moho, yeah that's an excellent price for watercooling. Of course, it helped that I gave you an excellent deal on the water blocks. ;)

Forget that PC-Ice. Too expensive. Go to the grocery store and buy a gallon of distilled water for maybe a dollar or two. Add about 10% antifreeze and a couple drops of iodine and you have your coolant.

ill get some pics once its up and running. thanks for the link to the PC ICE. good thing i didnt order it, i eould hate for it to do that to my loop.

Back