• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to the team

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fatshlink

I got my duel gig crunching seti stuff for the oc team now, I dont have near 12,000 but hay every bit helps rite:( .

oh yea i know what a wu is but what does it stand for???

Welcome to the team!

Yes, EVERY bit counts...no matter how big or small.

WU simply stands for a Work Unit.

Welcome once again and CRUNCH ON!!

EDIT:

Also nice to have another VP6'er on board :]

yea i had a pos mobo and cut a trace when i droped my psu on it:( . but i am verry happy whith this. also what do the big crunchers use, probably not the svreen saver..

The CLC (Command-Line Client) will give you MUCH better WU completion times than the screen saver version.

We all recommend a package that includes the SETI CLC, SETISpy and SETIDriver. All of these can be obtained at the official Overclockers.com SETI Team page with complete instructions on how to set it all up correctly.

CRUNCH ON!!

Most people switch over and run the CLC or command line client. It's very pretty but it is faster than the gui screen saver.

Welcome aboard!

Cy

I would think that most of the "Big Crunchers" use the CLC version. I couldn't get the screensaver to run properly, it took three days on a 900@1017 Athlon to do about 50%. Switched to the CLC and got it to around 7Hrs, big difference.

Welcome aboard. It is great having you here. I use the CLC because it is faser, more informative, and easy to use. I am a medium cruncher trying to get up with the heavy hitters. 674 work units and counting. Happy crunching, and if you have any questions don't be afaird to ask!

yea i just did the think whith the driver, command and setispy, but i dont think it uses both processors:( does anyone have any expirance whith duel processors. and also do I need anything to my software to tell it im on the oc seti team or just do the thing on the website:confused:

fatshlink said:
yea i just did the think whith the driver, command and setispy, but i dont think it uses both processors:( does anyone have any expirance whith duel processors. and also do I need anything to my software to tell it im on the oc seti team or just do the thing on the website:confused:

Just make 2 directories, set the afinity of one to cpu0 and the other to cpu1.

To join the team go here to join. If you don't know your password click on the link that says you don't know it.

fatshlink said:

When you open Seti Driver:

Maximum Processes = 2
Check the Set Affinity box. You will now be running two WU's, with each one assigned to each processor.

Back