• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of cable is this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyson

Registered
The cable that comes with the Audigy 2 ZS to connect the card to the front panel. I thought it was an IDE, but I'm not sure. I wanted to replace it with a rounded cable. When I tried it wouldn't fit, and I didn't want to force it. Thought someone else would have done this before, and I'd just ask without running the risk of screwing something up.

Tyson said:
The cable that comes with the Audigy 2 ZS to connect the card to the front panel. I thought it was an IDE, but I'm not sure. I wanted to replace it with a rounded cable. When I tried it wouldn't fit, and I didn't want to force it. Thought someone else would have done this before, and I'd just ask without running the risk of screwing something up.

Just take it and roll it up and wrap it with some electrical tape, and then you can sleeve it if you want.

It's a 40pin (not 80pin) IDE cable.

I got the front bezel off my friend's Platinum and hooked it up to my regular ZS card with a 40pin IDE cable and it works fine.

Back