• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bix/coolrad mounting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perfectturmoil

Hey.

How do you mount a BIX / CoolRad? There are small holes in the shell of the core.. I had assumed that there was a passthrough so you could mount it like a fan.. but theres not.

And the holes are too small for the supplied screws to enter.. and they won't tap themselves into the holes either. I am assuming that they are supposed to screw into the little hole.. but I've been working at it for about 20 minutes trying to get one of the screws that came with it in.

Any alternative methods of mounting? I will be having one rad hanging off the back of the case (sort of like a radbox) and one inside.. How did you guys mount these rads?

you need to tap them yourselve and get yourself some threaded poles (or whatever its called lol)
use something to cut the threaded shaft, then cut a small piece and insert it into your drill, then tap holes using drill

the supplied screws are sheet metal screws and will self thread (at least mine were), just takes a little muscle.

Back